Brooklyn Mitsubishi is your prime location for the rugged Ford F-150. The F-150 is the perfect truck for carrying equipment to your job site or towing your work trailer. Ford F-150 is the preferred work truck year after year. Let’s review why it remains so popular.
The Ford F-150 offers several best-in-class capabilities. Payload capacity up to 3270 pounds. Towing capacity as high as 13,200 pounds. It also continues to receive high marks for safety, with excellent overall safety ratings from NHTSA. F-150 uses a fully boxed frame made from up to 78 percent high strength steel. The aluminum alloy body uses military grade high-strength aluminum, resulting in a lighter overall weight for efficiency.
The latest generation of F-150 comes with a choice of engines. They include:
- 3.5 liter EcoBoost® with twin turbos developing 375 horsepower and 470 lb-ft of torque
- 2.7 liter EcoBoost® V-6 developing 325 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque
- New 3.3 liter TI-VCT V-6 with independent variable cam timing developing 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque
- 5.0 liter TI-VCT with independent variable cam timing and high pressure direct injection which develops 395 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque; this engine can be converted to natural gas or propane fuel
- A Raptor high output 3.5 liter EcoBoost® developing 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque.
The engines deliver their power through a new 10-speed automatic transmission with three overdrive gears and selectable modes of Normal, Tow Haul, Snow-Wet, EcoSelect, and Sport. All F-150 engines also use auto start/stop technology to maximize efficiency. The feature deactivates when towing a trailer or using 4-wheel drive.
Along with all the cargo area capacity, F-150 offers a lot of cabin storage. Door pockets, a big center console large enough for a laptop, storage under the seats, even a large flat storage area under the rear seat in SuperCab and SuperCrew versions. Ford loads up the F-150 with lots of technology to make your job easier. An 8-inch LCD productivity screen in front of the driver, SYNC Connect® with lots of remote vehicle features, FordPass to help with parking, local fuel prices, and other features, and a remote tailgate release so you can deliver materials without having to get out of the truck. Active safety features include an available 360 degree camera with split-view screen, blind spot monitoring with cross-traffic alert and trailer monitoring, pre-collision assist, lane keeping assist, and adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go technology.
The Ford F-150 is the perfect work truck which can also act as your daily commuter. You can explore all the features of this legendary truck at Brooklyn Mitsubishi. We talk Ford commercial trucks at Brooklyn Mitsubishi!